The school council has particular functions in setting and monitoring the school’s direction.
School councils have three main responsibilities:
- finance: overseeing the development of the school’s annual budget and ensuring proper records are kept of the school’s financial operation
- strategic planning: participating in the development and monitoring of the school strategic plan
- policy development and review: developing, reviewing and updating policies that reflect a school’s values and support the school’s broad direction outlined in its strategic plan.
Other key functions of school councils include:
- raising funds for school related purposes
- maintaining school grounds and facilities
- entering into contracts
- reporting annually to the school community and the Department
- creating interest in the school in the wider community
- representing and taking the views of the community into account
- regulating and facilitating after-hours use of school premises and grounds
- operating a children’s service at the school.
College Council 2022 Members
President: Asaf Harel
Executive Officer: Richard Minack
Lee Anne Harris
Abbigail Mc Camill