The Brighton Secondary College Parents & Friends Association (BSC PFA) is a group of volunteers. We play an active and productive role in supporting, serving and caring for the members of the Brighton Secondary College community.
All current parents and guardians are automatically members of the PFA. Being involved in PFA activities is a great way to connect with Brighton Secondary College students and families.
2017 MEETING DATES
Meetings are usually held on the 2nd Monday of the month during term times. Occasionally it is necessary to change the regular date due to public holidays.
Please login to Compass to view meeting dates on the College Calendar or by checking meeting minutes at Community > School Documentation > PFA
New parents and friends are very welcome to attend the meetings and become actively involved in the school community. If you think you might be able to assist the PFA to run social and fundraising events, even for one event or project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Parents and Friends Association welcomes all members of the school community.
We aim to
· Encourage friendship and communication between parents by organising ‘friend raising’ events.
· Ensure the range of events offered is fully inclusive of all the community.
· Encourage a positive and supportive relationship within the community.
· Promote a sense of belonging in the school community.
· Raise funds to contribute to the enhancement of the school environment for our children.
· Have a strong direction, which is consistent, transparent and relevant.
· Be highly approachable and reliable.
· Have great communication within the group, with the school leadership and staff, and the wider community.
· Feel connected by our common purpose of being a part of this community, and have an enjoyable time while we are here.
· Provide opportunities to raise and discuss important issues relating to the school as well as gain an invaluable insight into how the school operates.
· Ongoing support and advice from the School’s Principal, BSC staff and School Council.
· Commitment, determination and effort from PFA members and the school community who work in a voluntary capacity.
Keep an eye out in Highlights, the fortnightly College newsletter and the PFA site on Compass > School Documentation > PFA, for all the latest news
Looking to sell or buy second-hand uniforms, text books or other school related items?
Due to building renovations we are unable to offer a second-hand uniform shop facility at this time. While we are undergoing this transformation, we would recommend families visit www.sustainableschoolshop.com.au for any uniform or textbook requirements.
BSC Uniforms can be purchased from our two suppliers below.
Nicholls Fashion & Furnishings
159 Martin Street, Brighton
Phone: 9596 2335
150 Waverley Rd, Malvern East
Phone: 9036 7342
2017 PFA Committee Members:
President: Marcus Barber
Vice President: Olga Pecherski
Treasurer: Vicki Gartly
Secretary: Michele Mansfield
Email Us: email@example.com