The Careers and Pathways program at Brighton Secondary College helps students to acquire the knowledge and skills they will need to make relevant and appropriate career decisions in the future.
The Careers office is located in the VCE & Pathways Centre. Students at all year levels are encouraged to make an appointment for career counselling and parents are also welcome to book an appointment.
Services offered include:
- Individual careers counselling for all senior students
- VTAC preference counselling for VCE students
- Subject choice counselling for senior students to assist with career planning
- Information sessions for senior students and parents
- Access to a comprehensive Careers Resource Centre
- A Careers intranet site, including the weekly Career News newsletter
- Work Experience management and support
- Liaison with VTAC, universities and TAFEs, including lunchtime guest speakers