The year 2014 marked the 59th anniversary of the establishment of Brighton High School.
On Wednesday the 1st June 1949, the Minister for Brighton, the Hon. R. W. Tovell MLA, received a deputation from the Brighton and Sandringham Councils regarding the commencement of a high school on the Department of Education’s site at Marriage Road, Brighton. So began the chain of events that would lead to the establishment of Brighton High School in 1955.
Facts like these emerge from the pages of documents held in our Archives. Work has now begun to ensure that the history of this College is preserved.
Our current archives consist of:
• Early issues of our yearbook Voyager and our newsletter Highlights
• Copies of School Council minutes
• a collection of photographs of school events, personalities and infrastructure
• programs for a wide range of school activities
• a limited collection of uniform
We are grateful for donations to our Archives. Please contact us if you have any information or any archival items you would like to share or donate to us.
Our archives are located in the College’s Brennan Library at 120 Marriage Road, Brighton East 3187. Telephone: 03 9592 7488 or email at email@example.com